Cvetan Rusimov, COO of Imperia Online JSC was a speaker during the conference on September 12
Baltic Dev Days was an eye-opening event, full of new and fresh ideas which will be shaping the future of the gaming industry. The event was held in Kiel, Germany on September 12 and 13. Those were two days of great talks, interesting panels and useful workshops where attendees were encouraged to exchange ideas and explore new opportunities.
Our COO, Cvetan Rusimov gave a M&A Masterclass at the event, sharing valuable tips on achieving successful M&A deal.
You probably know that our company is part of the Stillfront Group family for a year already. As a person who was involved in the whole acquisition process from A to Z, Cvetan has a lot to share on the topic. Here’s a quick recap of his talk, providing the answers of the questions behind a M&A deal, because we know we got your attention by now:
- Find a business broker or investment banker to help you. It is important to first find A buyer (even if it is not the right one) to give the experience and let you prepare for THE buyer.
- The most important thing is that the right buyer should give you independence and ability to grow. After a year of being part of Stillfront, we can say that it was the right choice for us.
- Prepare a clean and structured plan of your actions step-by-step. This includes processes like identifying the key people, accounting and legal procedures, negotiations and so on.
- When is the right moment? When your company performs best.
- Where? It is a personal choice which regions to have in mind when considering the offers. For example we focused only on Europe because of the favorable conditions.
If you would like to hear more interesting insights from Imperia Online, make sure to not miss one of the upcoming events we will be speaking at:
- Pocket Gamer Connects in Helsinki – October 1-2, 2019
- Game Connection Europe in Paris – October 29-31, 2019
We are looking forward to seeing you there!